Monday, 20 January 2014

#11

Wadha Al Nabti
Music Production 9 
10th January 2014


Process Journal #11

My aim for this week is to add a part made by myself into the whole song as an outcome, because Reem has been having all the say and doing all the work, which makes me seem weak and mad. I feel like I have no say in anything in the song so if I add my own part in the song I'll finally feel like I belong. My aim for next week is that I complete all my process journals so I can be up to date, seeing as I have been putting everything to the last minute and I am under a lot of pressure and stress. This week I started off being informed that we had a test the next week on the concepts in the Logic Pro x. Mr. Ball told us if we have been working on Logic Pro X it would be very easy with the concepts and it was also a refresh to our memory from our last test so we don't forget the concepts and meanings from specific definitions that we had to study last time. I feel like I failed the test because I hadn't been looking for the meaning behind every aspect in Logic Pro X I just know that this button shape does this action. Also I am glad to see that I have convinced Anoud and Yara to star in our song and sing the lyrics that I wrote. Although getting Anoud wasn't cheap I had to add in the line "money ain't a thing, but a chicken wing" or else she won't agree to be in our song. While Yara was ok with anything and she actually helped me add another verse to my song lyrics so now I have a co-songwriter and a singer as a dear colleague.

Feedback:
“Great, but you should add drums to make the synthesized bass more intriguing” – Anoud (on juicy pump bass that I’m planning to put in the song)

Thank you on your lovely advice Al Anoud and Reem was planning on adding drums already, it’s like you were on the same page there.

“I really like it and think it sound’s quite weird and odd, which is a good thing. You should add more instrument” – Sara


I’ve lately been into odd sounds and instruments since hit songs always have odd synthesizers. Reem will add in the drums and piano as she has already called it.

No comments:

Post a Comment