Wadha Al Nabti
Music Production
9
14th January 2014
Process
Journal #12
My aim for this week is to record my synthesized juicy pump bass
part into the song. My aim for next week is to complete the song with Reem and
upload it into sound cloud. On Sunday we were working on our songs very hard
and Mr. Ball taught us how to upload to sound cloud and also taught us how to
save our projects on Logic Pro X in a way that it couldn’t get deleted because
other group members were having troubles. On Monday we had the test right away
and it was quite easy and quick seeing as it was multiple choice, although
there were terms I didn’t understand since I didn’t use it ever on Logic X Pro,
so I think I flunked my test, but inshallah I didn’t. What didn’t work this
lesson was that Reem didn’t upload her piano part, but when I recorded my juicy
pump bass and quantisized it to make it fit the tune of the song she made me
re-quantisize it because it didn’t fit with the ‘Roots Rock’. This was a
problem because first she was bossing me around and I don’t like that and
second I told her that I didn’t want the roots rock in this part of the song we
were supposed to change all the instruments, which made me really mad because
she didn’t listen to me and she never does. I did add a transition from the
intro of the song to the mid, which includes the juicy pump bass, drums, and a
piano part. The transition is an andre lyrics, which is a man making a weird
holy-like sound by his mouth and it’s basically taken from a church choir or
something. I believe it’s very great transition because it goes from something
holy you hear in a church to something (excuse my French) you hear in a brothel
when the dubstep comes in and I want the people who listen to Reems and I’s
songs feel a range of emotions. Update: our song is now 1:01:00 long.
Feedback: (on transition, juicy pump bass, and drums)
“It sounds like something you’d hear on the radio” –
Habiba
Thank you so much Habiba, insha’allah one day we will hear a song
of mine on the radio so I can jam to some good music J.
“I
really like it and feel the steady beat of drums is soothing and that the
transition is something new” – Ella
Thank
you Ella for your time and feedback, I do like the drums and we’d have to thank
Reem for that. About the transition it’s a loop, but I couldn’t not put it in
the song
The transition: (about 2 seconds long)
Juicy pump bass, drum beat made by Reem, and transition last:


No comments:
Post a Comment