Wadha Al Nabti
Music Production 9
16th February 2014
Process Journal #13
This week we were asked to listen carefully to the teacher as the teacher introduced new chord progressions and the 1-8 chords. He told us to take it slow because we really needed to know the 1-8 chords by next year. My aim for this week is to understand the 1-8 chords system. Also my aim for the week is to know what the chord sequence is in a chorus of a song and calling them out by the 1-8 chord system. I honestly do not understand the 1-8 chord system and why the 1 from the 1-8 system can start from C, or D, or G, basically any key. Thank god I'm supposed to know this by next year. Furthermore we listened to The Beach Boys, The Beatles, and One Direction singing the same Beatle's song. The whole aim of listening to these songs were to find the chords and its progression in the chorus of these song. With the exception of the One Direction cover of The Beatles song "All You Need Is Love" in which we compared One Direction's cover with The Beatles'. We concluded that The Beatles' version mainly focused on the instruments while One Directions version mainly focused on the singers voice rather than the instruments. The next lesson we listened to different genre's of music featuring the singers Nas, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, The Beatles, etc. For next lesson I hope to be able to understand the 1-8 chord system and I am happy to inform that I have learnt all the keys on the piano, which was an aim I set for myself about 4 lessons ago. This lesson I didn't receive advice/feedback on any of my work since the whole week the only thing we did was listen to the teacher. Actually I did receive one piece of feedback, which was to stop being Mr. Ball's second banana, I was quite ashamed that he wasn't honoured that I was his second banana. This was mostly brought up because I was telling him why we didn't have a mixed genre of music to display in the first class, this resulted in me giving in a suggestion of a song for the second class, which is "Teenage Love Affair" by Alicia Keys.
Second banana definition: The most (or second most) important person in an organization
For example: (Luigi is the second banana, whilst Mario is the top banana)
Teenage Love Affair:

No comments:
Post a Comment