Wadha Al Nabti
Music Production 9
20th March 2014
Music Production 9
20th March 2014
Process Journal #17
My aim for this week is to create a drum part into the song as a whole. My aim for next week is to record lyrics and be done with the song. What worked in this lesson was that we created two separate drum pieces on the arabic drums. This will give our song an arab vibe, while the lyrics will give it a kind of pop vibe. What didn't work this week is that we didn't check if our drum part of the song will blend in with the melody and chorus that we've already created to the song. Also what didn't work is that we spent the whole part of the lesson looking for the computer password by chasing down Mr. Ball, but when we got it the bell had already rung. We were hoping to check if the bass would work with the melody, but I guess that could wait till the next lesson. Unfortunately I was wrong because on Monday I was struck with the flu and wasn't able to make it, so I don't know what my partner Anoud had done while I was away. I believe that we need more time for the song because if the teacher wants quality it will take time, quality isn't born it's made. Moreover I believe our song will be quite simple as I have noticed we have been slacking off as a pair a lot lately and the problem is that innovation doesn't strike us in a minute or two it strikes you when you're in the shower or taking out the trash.
Feedback:
"Your drums bring in a khaleeji influence" Maha
Thank you Maha, that was just what me and Anoud were aiming for because whats better than going back to your roots
"You should add a solo drum part" Hayaan
I agree with you 100% percent, but that will have to wait till we have the song put together with lyrics to create something stable.
Photo: This is Mr. Ball explaining music stuff to us in the beginning of the lesson. This is a great example of when innovation strikes me because in my case whenever I'm bored I come up with great ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment