Saturday, 17 May 2014

#18

Wadha Al Nabti
Music Production 9
13th April 2014

Process Journal #18

My aim for this week to make a melody for my song or at least start it. My aim for next week is to add a bass to the melody I hope to complete and to add in trumpets or another form of band tool. What I'm being asked to do is finally go solo on making my own song. I can choose any genre and everything thats in the song is made by myself. For the beginning of the week Mr. Ball welcomed us by teaching us about engineers where he asked me to time him for 10 minutes, meaning only 10 minutes of the lesson would be deducted by Mr. Ball talking. This week I started using Logic X Pro on my laptop to make the song, I made a melody using Low Down dub. I also added a backing, which blends in with the melody perfectly using Gritty Funk. It took me a long time to add the backing because I always want to go overboard meaning I want a lot of things to stand out. This can cause a disturbance to the listener as they will be confused by the ruckus that is being played; I need to learn to tone it down because 5 simple instruments playing at one time is way better than 2 instruments trying to steal the lead from each other at the same time. Moreover this week was mainly experimenting as I had to start from scratch and it's really weird having so much freedom, leading to valuable time being spent just on the genre I wanted, which in the end is pop funk. I believe Music Production is a very great class to tone down and do something you actually enjoy while being very educational and I value each minute I spend in that class greatly, I'd have to thank Mr. Ball for that.

Feedback:

"It’s catchy and the melody is good. Also the backing of the drums is nice. - Reem AbdulMajid"

Thank you Reem for your time and wise words, I'm glad someone enjoys my music other than myself :)

"The melody is very funky" Samid

Thank you Samid, I'm happy you said the word funky as my genre is pop funk.


This is my melody and backing together in Logic X Pro:


No comments:

Post a Comment