Saturday, 23 November 2013

#8

Wadha Al Nabti
Music Production 9
20th November 2013

Process Journal #8

My aim for this week continues to be learning how to play the piano in a basic level. It will also be my aim for next week because I want to be so good in playing the piano that I can play in a mall. This week was very dull, monotonous since in the first class we spent on a presentation that didn't make that much sense to me and consisted of music videos. I believe that Mr. Ball was attempting to make us feel better by showing us songs that have a steady beat throughout the whole song like Viva La Vida and if he could make a hit song out of it, so could we. The other lesson was Mr. Ball telling us what our new groups were, which was probably the highlight of my week ( you now could guess what a boring life I lead). My group consisted of Reem and Apoorv whom I know minimally, any who we continued the lesson by attempting to say if we liked the intro of the song or not and how we wanted to change it. We used the intro of my old group since its the same station. I think what didn't work this lesson was firstly that my group had very different taste in music. Secondly that I was being very bossy and I was getting very irritated from their suggestions and how they ruined what I attempted to fix. For example when I wanted to fix the solo guitar that habiba did by limiting the gaps to make it sound more professional Apoorv attempted to do it and ruined the piece all together. 


"It sounds very clear" Reem Abdulmajid

Thank you Reem for that, but I wouldn't have been able to make it sound crisp clear without the help of yourself and Apoorv


Reminiscing about the past: 

No comments:

Post a Comment