Wadha Al Nabti
Music Production 9
13/11/13
The solo, which lasted eight seconds:
The drummer, who was Anders was chosen to play in our song. We chose Black Veil, but decided to make it a bit more simple.
Music Production 9
13/11/13
Process Journal #7
My aim for this week was to try play on the piano or contribute to the final product. I believe the only thing I do is just the editing not really doing that much into the song if we're being honest. The editing mainly consists of me attempting to pan and quantising the beats so they all sound like a melody put together. The aim I can set for myself next week would have to be how to differentiate the different keys on a piano or know the basics of the piano. This was the final week to end finalise our 30 second intro. We didn't make it to 30 seconds, but hey its quality over quantity no matter what. The song consisted of a rock drummer and a techno/rock synthesizer so that it would fit the style of the written lyrics, which obviously revolves around the key word ROCK. Also Habiba added in a really good guitar solo in the end of the song to make it a real rock song. Since we are keeping in mind that many of the best rock songs involve a guitar solo a great example would be "smells like teen spirit". What didn't work was that I feel like I'm leaving everything to Habiba and Yara mostly because they've been playing piano for years, while I don't even know what abc keys are on the keyboard that has lead to minimal contribution on my half.
"Beats aren't together" Samid
Thank you for your feedback first of all, but it's a little too late seeing as its due this week
"Nice, but you need to make it smoother" Maha
Although you're always negative when ever you give feedback to our projects I will just say kill them with kindness thank you Maha.
"Your recordings fit well with the beat of the drums" Ella
Thank you Ella, we as a group were aiming for the techno piano part to bop its way into the song with the help of the beat of the drums, basically we wanted the drums to introduce the techno piano, but in a musical way. (i don't know how to explain it.)
Attempting to place the parts of the beat into the green highlighted part so when I loop it the ending fits well with the beginning
The drummer, who was Anders was chosen to play in our song. We chose Black Veil, but decided to make it a bit more simple.


.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment