Wadha Al Nabti
Music Production 9
27th April 2013
Music Production 9
27th April 2013
Process Journal #20
My aim for this week is to complete 30 seconds of the intro, which I've successfully done. My aim for next week is to start the chorus. This week as always we were asked to continue working on our songs as they were due in the end of the year. So as always I started working on my song. Remember the melody I made last year with the piano? Well, I kinda removed that. I saw it as a complete waste of creativity and lacking the hook that my old melody (Low Down Dub) had. Also I removed the second melody because I realized the Low Down dub can be an intro end and middle since viva la vida never changed their melody from the beginning to the end. Let I remind you that Viva La Vida was a wonderful song, which won 2 grammy awards (more than the band Queen). What didn't work this lesson was that I was very distracted because all I could think of was WWW. Furthermore what distracted me was the fact that I wasn't given a piano as there was a shortage and had to get used to musical typing, which wasn't that hard. Moreover what didn't work this week is that I get bored easily and some lessons I have no inspiration while at other lessons I get a sudden urge to create 5 songs at once, this can lead to many days of inefficiency, which is a trait of mine I hate, but cannot control sadly.
Feedback: (on which melody is better)
" I think it's really up to you, anyways you should choose one genre so I'm going with the Low Down Dub" Ella
Thank you Ella for your input :) I chose the Low Down Dub because my genre is pop funk not classical
"The piano melody is just horrible, no offence" Shahad
Thank you so much for being frank with me Shahad, I agree with you 100%
" I feel like the piano melody isn't very pleasant to your audience and who you're attracting" Maha
You are correct Maha my audience is teens myself included why would I listen to classical music over pop????
Viva La Vida:
No comments:
Post a Comment