Wadha Al Nabti
Music Production 9
27/5/14
Music Production 9
27/5/14
Process Journal #22
My aim for this week is to write lyrics for a whole song. I'm being asked to be creative while making this song. Nothing worked except for writing poetry, which can be turned into a song with a bit of modernising. My lyrics are very shameful, because I expected more originality. However you can't expect perfection in such a short time, since beautiful things take time to perfect. Also it's hard to write a song with such a genre. For those of you who don't know, my genre is alternative for now meaning it can change in any moment since the intro was very general and open. I can specify my genre when I finish part a + b. The only reason I'm so focused on the lyrics is because I've hit a stump with the musical part to this song. As you can see not much has happened this week since my juices haven't been working in my brain, but it isn't so surprising seeing as I'm not a musical person to begin with. My lyrics are very dark because that's what I can express for now, which helps me predict that so will my genre and the rest of my music.
Advice on lyrics:
"I expected more from you" Habiba
I honestly love how you have such high expectations from me, I hope I will meet them once the lyrics are completed and altered.
" It's not that bad" Samid
It's good to know that even the simplest of words can boost my self-esteem thank you Samid
" I don't see it flowing with the music you have" Jibrail
I agree Jibrail, but you haven't heard my final product so please don't judge me.
*No picture of the lyrics because I need to fix it before I am prepared for anyone online to judge it*
Video: (on how to write hit songs)
No comments:
Post a Comment