Sunday, 25 May 2014

#21

Wadha Al Nabti
Music Production 9
17/5/14

Process Journal #21

My aim for this week is to start on my chorus, which is complete. My aim for next week is to be halfway done with the chorus, which would be complete if I was able to tell the future. This week we were welcomed back from the WWW break and we were told to, as always work on our song. I was welcomed late as I was absent on Sunday. Anywho I started working on my song seeing what I could add to make the chorus spicy and intriguing. I realized that my best choice was to make a mix of a hint of classical while still hitting it retro with the Low Down Dub. I chose to add a string ensemble using the chords of C Major root position, 1st & 2nd inversion. This really made my song more lovable, which I didn't know I was capable of. Other than that I decided to think of creating a mode (which is going by scale, but choosing a different key to begin with). What didn't work this week is that I've really hit a stump while trying to make a song. I can't find anything to go with the chorus because its very unique and complex. Meaning it's hard to add anything that really clicks with my funky chorus.

Feedback: (on intro)

"it's a good into that hooks the listener to keep listening till the end" Reem

"The introduction is a great hook" Yara

"I think you need to make sure that Elastic lead and Low down dub align together. After that I like the string ensemble that keeps attacking and the intro." Habiba

Video on the uses of EQ:



No comments:

Post a Comment